Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle whilst battling with a couple of children, a full-time job and keeping on top of the house can be a nightmare sometimes. However, when you start to feel the energy soaring through your body and physically see yourself becoming healthier than before, it is so much easier to make juicing part of your daily routine.
If you want to maintain a juicing habit as part of your day to day life, it is important to understand the difference between juicers and work out which one is best for you before buying; see below for our juicer buying guide.
Juicers can be broken down into two different types; Centrifugal Juicers and Cold Press Juicers.
Centrifugal juicers are available almost everywhere, in nearly all retail outlets and are much cheaper than the cold press juicers so many opt for these as it is a more economical option. These machines produce the juice by pulverising everything you put inside with a sharp blade that spins quickly against the metal container. The juice and pulp are separated from the rapid spinning motion generated.
• Fast juicing times which is important when juicing needs to be integrated into our busy lives
• Cheap – a key factor if you’re on a tight budget.
• Many centrifugal juicers will take large fruit and vegetables whole, which reduces food preparation time by a large chunk!
• Really easy to use!
• They are usually quite noisy
• Not well suited to sprouts, leafy greens or herbs
• The juice quality is reduced because the heat produced from the spinning blade kills enzymes
• High amounts of foaming – If you’re anything like me you don’t enjoy a large amount of foam in youre juice!
The best centrifugal juicers to buy;
Breville Juicers are really popular, and Breville was the first juicer I bought. It’s served me well over the years and is still going now. If you want a real quality centrifugal Juicer than Breville is the brand to go for. They’re easy to clean and really quick as you can load most fruit and veg whole. They are highest rated centrifugal juicers around, read the customer reviews below to find out more.
Here are the best Breville centrifugal juicers on Amazon:
Hamilton Beach juicers have been rated as the best budget juicers with the same quality juice that you get from Breville. They can take most fruits and vegetables whole to save you time. Like most things though, you usually pay for what you get, so I would advise you to go ahead and check out the Amazon customer reviews to see the difference between the different price ranges.
Here are the best Hamilton Beach centrifugal juicers on Amazon:
Cold Press Juicers
Cold Press Juicers very gently compress fruit and vegetables, to extract and squeeze out the juice, working at a much slower speed than their fellow centriifugal juicer. Because of this they create a higher quality juice that can be stored away in the fridge without losing its nutritional potency. The downside is they generally cost more and can take longer to create the juice.
• As very little oxygen is used in the process, the juice can be preserved for much longer; you can prep and have it ready in the fridge and take it to work
• Minimal foaming
• Due to the lower speed, there is less heat produced meaning the juice maintains all the nutrients and enzymes.
• Perfect for the addition of leafy greens, herbs and sprouts and some even allow for you to create your own almond milk for those with dairy free dietary requirements.
• Much higher cost. Although you can see it as an investment to your health, the cold press juicers are way less economical than the centrifugal.
• Due to the slow speed, food preparation time is much longer as the pieces need to be cut smaller to juice and fit through the thin chutes.
• The pulp content is slightly higher in cold press juicers due to the lack of pulverisation.
Our top cold-press juicers
Hurom HU-100 – constantly selling out on amazon with sky high ratings, this cold press juicer is one of the best around. You can make juices, sauces, marinades and milks with this juicer, which makes it great value for money. To top it off, the durable motor has a 10 year warranty!
Tribest Greenstar Elite – It looks sleek and elegant, fitting perfectly in any kitchen This is by far the best juicer I’ve owened as it gets so much juice out of my fruits, vegetables and aspecially good for leafy greens. It contains an automatic pulp ejection for easier cleaning. The juicer is also really easy to assemble, so you won’t be pulling your hair out whilst trying to follow the instructions on the box.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center – with a low speed of 80 RPMs, this juicer guarantees no clogging, foaming or heat build up. It is extremely quiet whilst in use so you won’t wake the family up, if you are up early preparing your morning fix. It also has a 15 year warranty.
If you are buying a juicer, you are investing in your health and committing to a juice routine that will make you a happier and healthier person, so it is important to consider which juicer works for you.
Read up on all the points of each juicer and even do some of your own extra research by checking out the amazon customer reviews above, and decide which juicer will integrate best into your daily schedule. Then, all that’s needed is for you to do is enjoy the rest of your healthier life – and get to making some interesting health promoting combinations with the family.